Digital Signage Benefits in Transportation
• Broadcast emergency notifications to travelers
• Display current travel conditions and schedules
• Centrally control and schedule announcements
• Revenue source when incorporating advertising
• Display headline news, local weather, sports scores and more
Digital signage and interactive technologies provide important platforms for efficient communications in transportation environments. Electronic displays allow airports, rail stations, bus stations and other transportation facilities to efficiently communicate with travelers.
• Employee Communications With any large organization, one of the challenges is to efficiently communicate with staff regarding the latest happenings. Large format displays help to bring life to this content and disseminate it to all of your back office and break areas.
• Schedules The most important thing you can communicate is real-time updates on arrivals and departures to ensure travelers can easily find gates and arriving guests at the proper time.
• Waiting Areas Numerous travelers pass through concourses each day. As they sit and wait for transportation, large format displays can rotate through announcements and advertising, as well as entertain guests with stock quotes, weather forecasts, news headlines, and other live data.
• Way-finding It can be difficult for visitors to find their way around large terminals. With touch-enabled digital signs, visitors can get a personalized path to their destination quickly and easily. Users can also use local maps to get information and directions to hotels, restaurants, and rental car facilities.